12 October 2012

Walking Circular Quay to Lavender Bay - Part Five


 Australian native violet

About to leave the gardens now and walking towards the roadway further up

An interesting tower on Wendy Whitely's home.  Imagine the views from up top; those we've seen in earlier posts.

From the other side of the pathway/steps; it's looking like a bunch of bananas in the making,

and the wondrous supportive network to intruiging trunks on the Ficus' (more than likely Port Jackson figs). Buttress roots come down from upper branches in search of nutrients and ultimately form this buttressing effect.  Port Jackson is the original European name given to Sydney Harbour.


suburbia!

we make it to the Kirribilli Club for lunch, without getting wet.  Not so brave as the couple sitting outdoors, we opted for a view from the other side of the glass, alongwith many others.  By the time we were leaving, the heavens opened up along with gusty winds.

6 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

That Ficus' is a really neat looking tree. What a garden.

Brian King said...

You have the coolest trees! They're great for photography! That's some house to have a tower like that. I'll bet the view is really nice!

Irma said...

Beautiful pictures Carole, the trees in picture 6 and 7 are great.
Greetings Irma

Anonymous said...

I love trees.

I enjoyed your other shots.

I am a camera gal learning. So I went to Brians by mistake and I see you and others there.

So glad to see some great shots here.

Drop by my page and scroll down when you get a cahnce. I find on days I am not so busy. I sit hours looking through each blogs on ones page. I admire photography from others.

Jan Castle said...

Fun, fun, fun walk!

Sharyl said...

Wow! Is that really what bananas look like pre-banana?! How silly of me. I just imagined they started out as small green things!