18 October 2011

Paper Cutting: Wrought Iron Fence

My recent photographic post titled Fences with a difference bought a comment from Judy saying "I can see that first one, the circular design, as embroidery or quilting..."

This is 'the fence' again:


So Judy you've inspired this new post to show what I had done with it, a paper-cutting. This open design was more difficult to cut successfully with my craft-knife than any other of the tiny, more precise cuttings.

A 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper with wisterias really appealed to me as a backdrop:


and then ..


It finished up slipped into the clear vinyl cover of a scrapbook album; one that I plan to put my paper-cuttings into some day.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, you are a clever one! and extremely creative!

Judy said...

Carole, that really looks cool! I have copied your original photo, and will let you know how the sewing turns out.
If you are into paper cutting, have you seen the work of Mary Granville something Delaney? She lived in the 18th century, and at the age of 72 created collage. There are nearly 1000 of her works in the British Museum!

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful idea!
This is just beautiful!

Kay said...

Carole, you amaze me every time.:-)

hannah said...

This is marvellous.The final one is good and the original is also lovely and sharp. How do you manage to get the stone wall background and the ironwork foreground both in focus?

Carole M. said...

background and foreground in focus at the same time .... sheer luck on the day Hannah! No special techniques on my behalf.

Sarah Paul said...



Hello dear.You have written a great post. Going to share with my followers on twitter. Thanks for sharing.


Iron Fences