02 January 2011

Cards: Handbag style

To start a new year, I wanted to make some cards working with a purchased card I'd admired from an art/craft show. The maker noted on the back only as Nancy.

Using some beautiful ribbon that had been gifted to me some time ago, hard to part with! Sakura punchouts from hand-coloured tissue that had been vliesofixed onto sturdy paper. and with a little bit of bling added to the centres. Basic Grey 'Blush' paper for the main part of the bag.

Got to use one of my newest embossing folders Wings, by Craft Concepts.

This is a beautiful embossed paper from PaperSource/Australia.



Perhaps templates for this or a similar handbag card is already available on the net somewhere. If you know where, please let me know so I might include it in this post for others.

They do open up from the bottom end, and have an insert with a Martha Stewart border punch edging.

Happy Ending: Diana Enns, blogger at Crafts and Adventures from the Enns, and moderator of The Scrapbook Lounge has forwarded me this link to Mirkwood Designs site, with another lovely "Purse" template here. Enjoy! Thanks to Diana; much appreciated.

8 comments:

Kay said...

What beautiful handbag cards you made Carole!!! Love them and also the paper you used. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

These all came out very neat......love all the different papers you used and I'm sure that once you do some searches you'll come up with even more neat and fun items.

ashu said...

Your paper handbags r amazing..would love to carry it around.

Lyn S said...

Wow, these all look gorgeous Carole! The papers, embossed papers and embellishments are all so beautiful!

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing, these are absolutely gorgeous Carole!

Happy New Year to you!

Adrienne W said...

Ooooh, I love them!
Do they come in real life size...lol

Margaret Ann said...

Love that gold and black bag...Really great work! :)

Terri said...

I have made some handbag cards for my granddaughters in the past. None was as pretty as these. Thanks for sharing.