17 July 2009

Stamping Direct to Design Paper


Another recent challenge for Potluck Friday on Gina K's Stamptv site was to stamp a line-art image direct to your design paper and then colour in lightly. Concept was for the design paper to show through your colouring.

With only hours between reading the challenge post by Melanie and seeing her sample (floral on floral); it wasn't until I'd actually uploaded my card and re-reading the details again ... (as you would?!) that I found I could've used ANY open design stamp on ANY patterned paper.

Even though I love flowers and floral stamps, I don't actually own very much at all of open line-drawing style flower stamps.

I will definately try this idea again with a differing theme of open-design stamps, and share again here with you.

Working with soft and muted colours is hard for me to do and I wasn't sure about the results this time but looking forward to giving this concept another go.

  • Stamps: About Art Accents, Peony Branch; outline flower belongs to Paper Craft; Friendship by Stampin Up
  • Background Paper: Basic Grey's Scarlets Letter 6 x 6 pad
  • Embossed with Copper E.P.
  • Colour pencils

1 comment:

Lyn S said...

This turned out great Carole! I love the soft colouring you did!